On the 1st July, 100 years will have passed since the first train service that came to Samford and the business community was established in the main street of the village.
Back then John Scott Park was the Samford Railway Station and goods yards. It is remarkable that during WW1 a railway line was built to service the primary producing districts from Enoggera, reaching Samford 1918, Samsonvale in 1919 and Dayboro in 1920. Rail services ceased in 1955 from Ferny Grove to Dayboro.
On Sunday 1st July from 10am to 4pm Samford Museum (on former Samford Railway Station land) will host a day of celebrations. Admission is by donation and Queensland Rail historian Greg Hallam will be the guest speaker with many stories to tell.
Why not browse through early photo displays of the railway, business, Main Street and village changes at the event?
A Heritage Trail booklet will also be available for collection and a guided walk will take place at 1pm to see firsthand the changes that have taken place.
This is a great opportunity to catch up with friends of days gone by. If you have any Samford and rail memorabilla or photos please feel free to bring them along to share.
Please email the Samford Museum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Geoff on 0417 691 983 for more information.