It was my privilege to be the Presiding Officer for the Australian Citizenship Ceremony held at the Arana Leagues Club.
A citizenship ceremony is the final step in becoming an Australian Citizen. It’s when family and friends come together and witness our new citizens make the Australian Citizen Pledge.
I want to thank the Mitchelton Rotary Club for hosting the ceremony and congratulate all of our new Aussies in the Everton electorate and across Australia. Welcome!
Thank you to our Qld Fire Fighters
I want to thank the hundreds of fire fighters who risked their lives fighting fires around the country during the bushfire crisis. They are our ‘heroes’ and I cannot praise and thank them enough.
In the wake of these incredible tragedies, the Liberal National Party of Queensland have announced a 10-point-plan to overhaul Qld’s bushfire strategy. The LNP will do whatever it takes to keep communities safe.
LNP 10-point-plan for bushfires
1. One-stop-shop for streamlined approval process – there will be a single point contact for all bushfire mitigation inquiries and permits to the Government
2. Deemed approval after 15 days under a ‘right to burn’ model
3. New KPS’s to achieve 98 percent of hazard reduction activities – only 54% of hazard burn reductions were completed by the current Labor Government
4. Indigenous Rangers to undertake traditional burning
5. Establish a Natural Disaster Cabinet Committee to monitor preparations
6. Monitored grazing in state forests and some national parks to manage fuel loads – grazing will be monitored to protect the environment but also manage fuel loads
7. Establish urban-based Rural Fire Volunteer brigades
8. Restore local control to Rural Fire brigades
9. Establish a Rural Fire Board
10. Review of aerial firefighting capability
If you would like to know more about the LNP policies, visit deb2020.com.au
Marquee for Loan
Community groups, schools or sporting clubs are welcome to borrow my 3×3 Marquee for events. Please contact my office to organise the loan.
Connect with Me
If there is anything I can help with – send me an email at email@example.com or call on 3535 1100. The office hours are 9am to 5pm.